Inspired by the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex signs, this quirky bird and flower embroidery is a friendly welcome sign to stitch and display. This pattern uses 4 basic embroidery stitches and incudes a detailed glossary. Choose between the English phrase “Welcome Freinds” and the Pennsylvania Dutch spelling of the same phrase, “Wilkom Freinds”.
Skill Level: Beginner
Basic embroidery skills needed.
Digital Pattern Details: The printable PDF instructions include a color photograph, detailed diagrams, stitch glossary and assembly directions you’ll need to stitch this welcoming design.
Finished embroidery is sized to fit into an 8″ embroidery hoop.
Materials needed to make the Dutch Bird Embroidery:
• Wooden embroidery hoop, 8” in diameter
• 10” x 10” piece of white wool blend felt or quilting cotton for background
• Embroidery floss in Red, Teal, Turquoise, Aqua, Green, Yellow
• 10” x 10” pieces of wool blend felt for backing the hoop (optional)
• SULKY Sticky Fabri-Solvy stabilizer, one 8.5” x 11” sheet (optional)
• Fabric glue (optional)