Inspired by the Pennsylvania Dutch Hex signs, this sweet bunny and flower appliquéd embroidery is a friendly welcome sign to stitch and display. This pattern uses 5 basic embroidery stitches and includes a detailed glossary. Choose between the English phrase “Welcome Friends” and the Pennsylvania Dutch spelling of the same phrase, “Wilkom Friends” (both included in pattern).
Skill Level: Beginner
Basic embroidery skills needed.
Digital Pattern Details: The printable PDF instructions include a color photograph, detailed diagrams, stitch glossary and assembly directions you’ll need to stitch this welcoming design.
Finished embroidery is sized to fit into an 8″ embroidery hoop.
Materials needed to make the Dutch Bunny Embroidery:
• Wooden embroidery hoop, 8” in diameter
• 10” x 10” piece of aqua wool blend felt or quilting cotton for background
• 6” x 6” piece of white wool blend felt
• 3” x 3” pieces of wool blend felt in red, green and teal
• Embroidery floss in Red, Teal, Turquoise, Pink, Green, Yellow
• Light Weight Double-sided Fusible Webbing
• SULKY Sticky Fabri-Solvy stabilizer, one 8.5” x 11” sheet
• 10” x 10” pieces of wool blend felt for backing the hoop (optional)
• Fabric glue (optional)