Today I’m welcoming my good friend, Bari J to the Cupcake Party! Bari is a whiz at designing fabric (for Art Gallery Fabrics), painting beautiful flowers and mastering the art of Instagram! She’s got a super cute project to share with us today. – Betz
Hello! I’m so happy to be here visiting with my friend Betz. I feel like I’ve “known” Betz for the past decade through her blog, but really, we only met in person about three or so years ago.
I remember Betz from the beginning! And I listened to her on Craftsanity Podcast thinking, “I hope I’m as successful as her one day!”
I’ll never forget her iconic wool cupcake pincushion. It was the first one I’d ever seen like that, and I credit Betz for the ensuing cupcake rage! Do you remember the early days of blogging? It was cupcake town! We can thank Betz for making us all hungry.
I simply pieced the pattern to linen to create a tea towel about 22” x 18”. Then I added a strip of fabric at the bottom and a little crochet trim I got here.
Here’s how I lined the tea towel:
1. Cut a piece of fabric the same size as the right side of your tea towel.
2. Place the tea towel and your fabric right sides together.
3. Sew all the way around using a ¼” seam allowance and leaving a 3” opening to turn.
4. Press, turn and press again.
5. Top stitch all the way around.
**Visit Bari’s website to see more of her beautiful work!**